org dsc02752%5b2%5d
The project team. From left: Xiaodong Luo, Erlend H. Vefring and Sergey Alyaev. Photo: Anna Kvashchuk, UiS.


Geosteering for IOR

27.11.2017

This new KPN-project was kicked-off on October 5th and is all about establishing the perfect geosteering workflow. In other words, how to find the perfect spot for an oil- or gas well.

The geosteering project is meant to contribute to the implementation of environmentally friendly and cost-effective technologies for improving oil recovery on the Norwegian continental shelf.

 – The drilling process is being digitalized and automated which provides an increasing number of measurements. So, we need to find a way to interpret the measurements and use them consistently for decisions about well trajectory in real-time. This will hopefully give best location for the well while it’s drilled, says Sergey Alyaev from IRIS.

ecs
​Research Scientist, Erich Suter is also part of this project team.  


Collaboration partners
The KPN-project has a budget of 20 million NOK over three years with 80 percent funded by the research council and the remaining 20 percent funded by industrial partners. In addition to ENI Norge and Statoil the project team at IRIS cooperates with Baker Hughes who have great operational expertise within geosteering. The project also connects to academic environments in Norway through UiB and UiS and internationally through UT Austin.

The geosteering project also joins two of the target areas of IRIS: Digital Drilling and Improved Oil Recovery.
 
Hilmar Rommetvedt valgt til styret i IPSA
Les mer

DrillWell Annual Seminar 2018 - Open for Registration
Les mer

THE NORCE AWAKENS
Les mer

Hillevåg – en sosiokulturell stedsanalyse
Les mer

Unges inntreden i arbeidslivet – en ressurs eller risiko?
Les mer

Jærkysten anerkjent som internasjonal "Hope Spot"
Les mer

Studied atmospheric circulation on Mars
Les mer

Successful PDE Software Frameworks conference in Bergen
Les mer

Klima- og miljøministeren besøkte IRIS
Les mer

Collaboration and digitalization
Les mer

Go to news archive
International Research Institute of Stavanger
Mailing address:
Visiting address:
P.O. Box 8046, N-4068 Stavanger, Norway
Prof. Olav Hanssensvei 15, 4021 Stavanger


Phone:
Fax:

+47 51 87 50 00
+47 51 87 52 00

General email address: firmapost@iris.no
International Research Institute of Stavanger
Mailing address:
Visiting address:
P.O. Box 8046, N-4068 Stavanger, Norway
Prof. Olav Hanssensvei 15, 4021 Stavanger


Phone:
Fax:

+47 51 87 50 00
+47 51 87 52 00

General email address: firmapost@iris.no