Facilities have been tailored for conducting studies targeting a range of marine conditions from temperate to Arctic and surface waters to deep sea.
The centre includes 620 m2 of laboratories, all with access to pure sea water from 80 m depth.
Continuous sea-water flow systems for testing at different conditions:
- Pure sea water supply 250 litres/min
- Temperature -1 to +50 °C
- Pressure 0 to 400 bar
- Light control
Pilot hall for large scale experiments and mesocosm studies:
- Exposure to water soluble fraction
- Dispersion with controlled droplet size distribution,
- Single chemical, complex mixture or mineral particles.
- 5 climate rooms with control of light and temperature from -2 to +40 °C
- Aquarium room
- Pressure cells for simulation of deep sea
- Access to pure sea water