Join ISMOS-5, the largest event on microbiology and molecular biology in the oil and gas industry.
This conference will explore the application of emerging microbial and molecular tools to help resolve challenges faced by the industry.
ISMOS-5 will bring together research and industry in Stavanger, Norway’s picturesque petroleum capital.
ISMOS is a multidisciplinary conference, linking chemists, geologists, microbiologists and molecular microbiologists, including high profile speakers from both industry and academia. The symposium will address some major challenges faced by the oil and gas industry, such as souring, biocorrosion, MEOR, petroleum biodegradation, as well as specific challenges linked to the Arctic environment. The main focus of the conference will be to understand how molecular and microbiological tools can contribute to tackle these issues and to develop innovative solutions.
- Key Note Presentation by Dr. Marc Strous from University of Calgary, Canada
- 32 oral presentations
- 6 invited key note speakers (opening each session)
- More than 80 posters of high technical and scientific quality
- 30 large companies and SMEs represented (incl. 10 major oil & gas companies)
- Panel debate between Industry and Researchers with contribution from young professionals
- Intensive and exciting social program with mountain hike, boat trip and conference dinner
- 140 registered so far (180 seats available)
- Hydrocarbon Degradation
- Subsurface and Reservoir Biogeochemical Processes
- Deep Oilfield Microbiology
- Reservoir Geophysics and Geology
- Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion and Souring
- Microbial Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Microbiology and Modelling in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Integrity Management in Oil, Gas and Fuel Systems
- Bioinformatics and Metagenomics
- Microbial Ecology and Molecular Microbiology in the Oil and Gas Sector
We are looking forward seeing you in Stavanger June 2-5, 2015
Dr. Catherine Boccadoro, ISMOS LOC Chair, IRIS
Dr. Torben Lund Skovhus, ISMOS TSC Chair
Dr. Corinne Whitby, ISMOS TSC Vice Chair